Get all five of your 5-a-day with this healthy, low-calorie, vegan recipe that works as lunch or a starter. Enjoy deliciously creamy hummus made with avocado.
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 210g chickpeas, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinch chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 lime, juiced
- handful coriander leaves
- 2 carrots, cut into strips
- 2 mixed peppers, cut into strips
- 160g sugar snap peas
- Blitz together the avocado, chickpeas, garlic, chilli flakes and lime juice, and season to taste.
- Top the hummus with the coriander leaves and a few more chilli flakes, and serve with the carrot, pepper and sugar snap crudités.
- Make the night before for a great take-to-work lunch.