Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Makes: 15 pancakes
- 200g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 600ml milk
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Granulated sugar (to serve)
- frying pan
- mixing bowl
- Put the flour, the eggs and the milk into a mixing bowl and whisk until you cannot see any lumps. Expect a cream coloured, smooth and slightly viscous batter.
- Place a frying pan over a medium-high heat and use kitchen roll to carefully wipe sunflower oil onto the pan surface
- When hot, pour the desired amount of batter into the centre of the pan and use the handle tilt the pan at different angles until the batter is evenly spread and no holes are seen
- Cook for one minute then use a flat utensil to slide under the pancake and flip it over, ensuring it is free to slide around to the pan before you do so.
- Cook for a further minute on this side until crispy and golden, serve with lemon and sugar