Our volunteering roles and how you can get involved!
Would you like to be part of a social enterprise that save 50 tonnes of food from being sent to landfill every year and impacts hundreds of people in Nottingham every week? We’re always looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are passionate about our mission to make food go further!
At Foodprint, we are always looking for people to help with our Social Supermarket in Sneinton, either stocking shelves, running the till or redistribution deliveries for food banks and social eating projects, as well as van drivers to collect surplus food from supermarkets and deliver to local partners as part of our redistribution network.
Alternatively, if you feel you have another set of skills to offer, please get in touch to see how you can help us benefit our community. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about reducing food waste and making a difference!
- Can use their initiative and problem solve effectively
- Has a passion for helping the local community, and willing to go above and beyond for our customers
- Is well organised with good time management
- Volunteering with us can help you develop a variety of skills, from partner management and visual merchandising to dealing with customer complaints. We want you to get as much from volunteering as you can.
- You can impact hundreds of people every week through our redistribution network, providing food aid to those in our community who need it most.
- You will build new relationships with like-minded people
- Help build a community around sustainability and food security
Our Volunteer Roles
Volunteer Team Leader
Our Team Leaders help us provide the best service possible to both our customers and our partner organisations. By committing to doing a shift a week for an agreed time period, they play a key role in ensuring things run smoothly in the shop. They will be given instructions for the shift, assist with our induction process, and be given extra responsibilities in addition to our General Volunteers outlined underneath.
(Please note that you must be 18 or over to volunteer with us)
Skills we are looking for:
- We want people who are sociable and friendly, and happy to support other volunteers.
- Passionate about our cause, our local community and reducing food waste.
- The ability to take the initiative, provide direction and take responsibility for ensuring that tasks are completed.
What you will gain from this role:
- Leadership experience and development
- Develop problem solving skills
- Play a key role in supporting the local community
- We will fund a level 2 hygiene qualification, should you wish to complete it.
Volunteer Store Managers are responsible for opening and running the shop, processing deliveries and helping us redistribute to our partner organisations.
We have shifts on Friday afternoons, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. Shifts are approximately 4 hours long and we would prefer individuals that can commit to completing three shifts per month. We try to be as flexible as possible!
Responsibilities can include:
- Unpacking and stocking the Friday delivery
- Serving and interacting with our customers
- Operating the till and store computer
- Opening and closing the shop
We are currently looking for new volunteer drivers to help us complete our weekly collections and deliveries, so if you have a UK driving licence and have a passion for sustainable living in Nottingham, then we would love to hear from you!
Hours are flexible, so we can find slots that suit your schedule best.
Volunteer Van Drivers are responsible for redistributing surplus food from our store to our local community partners, including school breakfast clubs, food banks and homeless shelters.
Deliveries and collections can include:
- Delivering bread to school breakfast clubs
- Delivering crates of food to food banks
- Collecting donations from our local partners
Don’t just take it from us, see what some of our volunteers have to say!